THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
The Department of Physiology (“Physiologeion”) of the Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, plays an important educational and research role in the discipline of Experimental Physiology. The purpose of the department is to provide a high level of education, and to conduct research aiming at underlying the mechanisms governing human health and disease and discovering new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to address them. Departmental activities are centred around the following axes:
- Developing advanced undergraduate and post-graduate (MSc & PhD) programmes in collaboration with leading laboratories and research centres in Greece and abroad
- Carrying out projects in basic, translation and clinical research in contemporary biomedical fields
- Developing and providing access to advanced research and technological infrastructures
- Utilising research results by developing innovative research products and services.
- Bringing together science and society through actions of openness, dissemination, and transfer of knowledge.